Not only is it a long weekend, it’s the kick-off to vacation season. Are you planning to go away this year? Let us know where you’ll be heading off to this year!
One of the more popular vacation ideas that’s been trending for a few years now is the spa vacation. Even for those of us who can opt to luxuriate in our own home steam showers, the idea of jet-setting off to a tropical locale and indulging in some well-deserved spa treatment is irresistible.
So, before you pack your bags and call the pet sitter, have a seat and review these tips to ensure a fabulous vacation.
- Make a list of exactly what you’re looking for. Do you want to have the opportunity to take part in workshops, or do you just want to lounge on the beach?
- Check the spas list of products and costs. Do they offer what you’re looking for as an all-inclusive package, or will you have to pay separately for every aspect of your stay and experience?
- If you’re traveling with someone who’s not a spa aficionado, you’ll want to make sure that he or she will have something interesting to do while you luxuriate in a special treatment or two.
- Make sure that the spa you’d like to visit offers complimentary locker room, change facilities, slipper, robes, towels, hair dryers, showers, and anything else you might like to have at your disposal.
- Ask questions about the packages on offer. Sometimes, spas will offer a discount if you combine certain packages like facials, massage, lymphatic drainage.
- Google the spa for images. Although the brochure might claim to have ambiance to spare, seeing pictures of the facility will confirm it one way or another.
Contributed by: Minna Gruenke, facial and skin care specialist and foremost expert in spa treatments,
Facials By Minna
720 McClure Rd.
Kelowna, BC. V1W 1M3