There are myriad techniques to choose from when it comes hair removal. There are some that are expensive, some complicated, a few of them painful and some better than the other. No matter how many new techniques have popped up in this genre, waxing still seems to be the favorite hair removal process in salons and parlors all around the world.
Let us find out why waxing hair removal is preferred over other methods.
Waxing vs shaving
- Unlike waxing, shaving can give you razor burn that can be really painful.
- Shaving needs to be done on a daily basis and thus it is time consuming. On the other hand, waxing done once a month is enough to maintain the smooth skin.
- With regular waxing on the body hairs, the growth of hair gets reduced.
- You can enjoy long lasting effect with waxing.
Waxing vs sugaring
- Sugaring is more painful than waxing
- The majority of the parlors prefers waxing over sugaring
- Sugaring is costlier than waxing
Waxing vs plucking
- Plucking can be done only in a limited area, and is not a good idea for the whole body
- Plucking can be disastrous if your hands are shaky or is not done by a professional. Waxing can be carried out by anyone who knows the technique.
- Plucking can be really painful, especially if you have a sensitive skin and cannot bear the pain.
- Hair regrows at the same area within a few or so. With waxing you don’t have to worry about regrowth for at least 3 weeks and even more.
Waxing vs laser hair removal
- Laser hair removal technique is a permanent hair removal solution, but it is not meant for everyone. It is especially not recommended for the darker toned people.
- Waxing, is no doubt for all kinds of skin type.
- Waxing is easily available in almost every salon, whereas, laser treatment is accessible only in a few clinics.
- Waxing is cheaper than laser treatment that can cost up to thousands of dollars depending on the number of sitting required.
- There are no harmful side effects of waxing except from redness or irritation. On the other hands, if the laser method doesn’t suit, it damages the skin badly.
If you explore the genre of hair removal, you will come across a number of methods. But, waxing is the preferred one than most of the other techniques. It is not only cheaper and convenient, but also used natural ingredients that is automatically beneficial for skin care.
Contributed by: Minna Gruenke Kelowna Esthetician from Facials by Minna
720 McClure rd.